November 23, 2008

There Aren't Bears Here Right?

June 10 - 11, 2007

Luke and I had been trying to find someplace fun to go camping that was relatively close to home. I have always gone up Big Cottonwood Canyon to the Spruces, but Luke wanted to take me to this place called Julie Andrews Meadow (doesn't that just make you think "The Hills are Alive...") that is up American Fork Canyon. Next thing I know, me, Luke, Scott, and Dan are packing up the truck and are heading up the canyon. It is so pretty up there!! We get there and drag all of our stuff up the hill. We get all settled and we decided to go play frisbee in the meadow.

We had a grand ol' time playing frisbee and goofing off. The boys then decided to have a little bit of a photo shoot. These guys have so much fun together. I love hanging out with them. Here are a couple of pics from the shoot

This picture is my favorite, for the obvious reason.
See no Evil, Speak no Evil, Hear no Evil.
Don't ask me about this one...
Or this one, but I like it

I think they are trying to be the Von Trapp children...

So they boys got the photos out of their systems and we made the campfire. It is one of my favorite parts of camping. I love watching the fire burn down to just the embers. After our fabulous dinner of hot dogs and smores, we decided to get some sleep.

All I remember was in the middle of the night, Luke jumped up and started looking outside the tent. It scared me just a little, but I was so tired I really didn't think about it. Dan and Scott woke up as well, but they went right back to sleep. Luke told me that he thought he heard something outside. Now I was getting a little bit worried because we were camping in a undeveloped campground way up the canyon. Who knows what could have been out there. Well, we made it through the night with no problems. We figured it was just this cute little fella outside our tent that night:The next morning, we decided to drive around the front side of Timp. The drive was gorgeous!
Look at that stud in his good lookin' truck
He thinks he is in a country music video
I love this guy!
Dan, Scott, and Luke

The Ultimate Tribute to Julie Andrews

After the day long drive through the canyon, we almost made it all the way through, but the road ended. We had to turn around and go all the way back. It was lots of fun though. Remember when I said that Luke thought he heard something outside our tent...we are now thinking that it was a bear. Scary, I know. The next weekend there was a family camping in the same spot and had a run in with a bear! Next time I am bringing bear spray!!

4 comments:

Ashley and Zane said...

You never told me you had a blog!!! I had to blog stalk you from Liz, I am totally offended!!!!! JK Love ya!!! Cute blog, I love it!

Down By the Bey's said...

Hey Jessica! I love your blog. You are so cute, I miss you!

Chels said...

Hey trash hussy...why in the world didn't I know you had a blog? Sheesh. I found you thru April's blog. I will not post a link to your blog on mine since Meg just told me that you don't want anyone to know what your blog is, but I am not happy that I have missed out on your blog for so long. I will be checking in periodically though, and you can't be mad about it :) Merry Christmas Jess! I miss you!!!!

Ammon and Tara said...

honest to blog, you have a blog? you are so cute, i love all the pics. i'm so jealous of all the camping and hiking you guys do!